18 years old. Liberal arts academy as a language major. Founder and President of the Harry Potter Club.
Will include: Sherlock, Supernatural, Teen Wolf, Doctor Who, Elementary, and many more.
Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows - Madam Simza appreciation post.
Reblog this if you are an American Whovian who’s going to miss Saturday’s series premiere of Doctor Who because you’re going back to college this weekend and your school doesn’t have BBC America.
(We’re doing a headcount.)
There better be a friggin grand reason for this.
How about work? Does work count? Work doesn’t have BBC America.
There are so many people on my dash confused and frustrated despite explanations I’ve written and reblogged, so here it is - a quick guide to GISHWHES. Just some keypoints.
1. YOU DON’T NEED TO HAVE A TEAM! I didn’t last year, and I got teamed up with awesome people who were very involved. We had a facebook group and stuff, and I now follow two of them on tumblr. You can enter randomly on your own and be teamed with other people!
If you DO, however, want to enter with a team, ask around on tumblr!
2. GISHWHES IS EXACTLY WHAT IT SOUNDS LIKE. There’s no catch, no trick - it’s a scavenger hunt that’s gone global for the sake of Misha’s charity, organised, updated and scored (partially) by the overlord himself.
3. THE SIGN UP PROCESS THIS YEAR ISN’T DIFFICULT! Go to http://www.doubleudoubleudoubleudotgishwhesdosbasicdotcom.com/ then fill out your details, play a video game, enter your email (again) and wait for the email telling you that you’re registered! Yes - at some point Misha will, undoubtedly, ask for a donation. But this is his non-profit organisation and most of it goes to charity, so don’t have ill feelings towards him for that.
He might offer an alternative, anyway. Last year, the alternative was writing an essay.
4. BE PRO-ACTIVE. If you’re going to join, do your best to help. It wouldn’t be fair if your team won when only four people actually submitted things and the other six had done nothing but won the prize anyway.
5. YES - THE ITEMS WILL BE BIZARRE ON THE LIST. It’s Misha. Last year he had us tying helium balloons to Christmas trees. We made the papers.
6. NEVER POST YOUR ITEMS BEFORE THE HUNT IS OVER. If Misha sees, or someone tells Misha, he’ll disqualifiy you, because other teams could steal that item.
7. FOR GOD’S SAKE, HAVE FUN! It’s meant to be a fun thing for charity - don’t be miserable if you lose, or have ill feelings because you didn’t get the exam team you wanted. Just enjoy it - that was Misha’s intention.
So we dont have to use chairs to make a tent? xD
Yup! Basically. XD The chairs worked for what they were, but the ceiling was way low, even for me. D:
I just found this on facebook. I know who this would be perfect for XD.
#so on april fools day #because tony has a shitloads of money #clint comes back from training all day #and his whole room has been refurnished with bird stuff #he has a nest for a bed #and newspaper as flooring #and clint doesnt want to tony to have the last laugh #so he goes along with it and tell tony he loves what hes done with the place #and he’ll start requesting things like sunflower seeds and candy worms from the grocery store and just chill in his nest #and everytime time tony passes his room #he just smirks his eyes and goes caw caw motherfucker
CAW CAW MOTHERFUCKER
#Then, as time goes by #Clint and Tony forget that this was originally a prank #Gummy Worms become a regular on the grocery list #Clint starts requesting the Comics section as flooring #Natasha makes a habit of laying breadcrumbs trails from his door to the conference room before team meetings #and Clint caws at Thor when he tries to steal his poptart in the mornings
the avengers fandom is the best fandom
Reblogging because the commentary on this post just got even better than it was half an hour ago.
Jeremy Renner: The man incapable of a normal entry.
Jeremy Renner: The definition of adorkable.
Jeremy Renner: An adorkable five-year-old boy trapped in the body of a gorgeous 41-year-old man.
Jeremy Renner: Actually a hawk trapped in a human body.
PIN THE DATE!
Join us for the first ever Doctor Who Tumblr Meetup 2:00-4:00pm, Saturday July 14 at BASIC in San Diego, CA!
So we’ve been excitedly planning this behind everyone’s backs for a while now…
… we’re just glad we can finally start making things public.
We’ve teased this a bit before and started a contest to have a Whovian design the official meetup art. Now we get to say that this meetup is really for real(!)
Three things to note:
- The event will be ALL AGES.
- You DO NOT need a ticket to Comic Con to attend.
We’re so feelingallthefeelings.gif that we get to finally meet the Tumblr Whovian community in person(!) If you have any questions, message us! We’re going to put together a quick FAQ for when we release the RSVP so anything we can answer now would be a help to everyone.
The RSVP link is COMING SOON. We just wanted to get the time and date out there as soon as possible for anyone needing to plan their day.
More to come soon so hold tight!
btw if you’ve never seen a Tumblr ‘pin’ before, it puts the post at the top of your dashboard. To remove the post, click the pin.
Any TARDISes passing through Calgary want to drop me off? :P
Most children were terrified when they finally learned that one day, they too would die. Harry had always lived with the horrible knowledge that he wouldn’t.
The Doctor loves surprises. Harry Potter is the only wizard with the Vortex in his blood. Someone gets implicated in intelligent design.
Harry Potter faces a boggart that doesn’t turn into a Dementor or even Voldermort, but into a horror from his childhood. Now the boggart isn’t even a boggart anymore. There’s no imitation. That which holds the image of an Angel, becomes itself an Angel.